Summer is the perfect time to visit Aruba, with its sunny weather, crystal-clear waters, and endless opportunities for fun and relaxation. Whether you're a beach lover, adventure seeker, or simply looking for some rest and relaxation, Aruba has something for everyone. Here are some of the best summer activities to enjoy on this beautiful island:
- Hitting the Beaches
Aruba is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, and they're perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and snorkeling. Eagle Beach, Palm Beach, and Baby Beach are just a few of the most popular spots. With miles of pristine sand and turquoise waters, these beaches are a must-visit during your summer vacation in Aruba.
- Take a Jeep Tour
Consider taking a Jeep tour in Aruba for an exciting adventure on land. These tours take you off the beaten path and allow you to explore the island's rugged terrain, stunning landscapes, and hidden gems. Whether you want to visit natural pools, historic sites, or scenic viewpoints, there's a Jeep tour for everyone.
- Go Snorkeling or Scuba Diving
With its clear waters and abundance of marine life, Aruba is a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers. Explore colorful coral reefs, shipwrecks, and underwater caves. Some popular snorkeling and diving spots include Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina, and the Antilla Shipwreck.
- Try Water Sports
From kayaking to parasailing, there are plenty of water sports to try in Aruba. Jet skiing, windsurfing, and paddleboarding are also popular options for those seeking an adrenaline rush. Many beaches offer water sports equipment rentals, and there are also several tour operators that can help you organize a water sports adventure.
- Visit Natural Wonders
Aruba is home to several natural wonders, including the Natural Pool, Arikok National Park, and the Jamanota Hills. Take a guided tour or explore on your own to discover the island's natural beauty and unique landscapes.
- Enjoy Local Cuisine
Aruba has a rich culinary scene, with a blend of Caribbean and international influences. Sample local specialties like fresh seafood, Dutch pancakes, and Aruban pastries. Many restaurants offer outdoor dining with ocean views, making it the perfect way to soak up the island's summer vibes.
- Visit Phillips Animal Garden with the kids
A captivating and unique destination that offers visitors the opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of exotic animals. This enchanting garden serves as a sanctuary for diverse animal species. It is a safe habitat with a primary focus on wildlife conservation, education, and rehabilitation, allowing visitors to engage with the animals in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Horseback riding
Horseback riding in Aruba offers a captivating way to explore the island's stunning landscapes. Guided tours take you along pristine beaches, desert areas, and the island's interior. Whether a beginner or experienced rider, you can enjoy the tranquility and freedom of trotting, cantering along the shore, or traversing dusty trails lined with towering cacti. With well-trained horses and experienced guides, horseback riding in Aruba provides a unique and memorable connection with the island's natural beauty.
- Ostrich farm: Volunteer at the ostrich farm in Aruba and care for these fascinating birds. Make a positive impact on ostrich conservation while immersing yourself in Aruba's wildlife.
- Animal shelter: Volunteering at the animal shelter of Aruba provides a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in the lives of homeless dogs and cats. Assist in animal care, including feeding, grooming, and socializing. Help with adoption events and contribute to the overall well-being of the shelter residents. Your dedication and compassion can help give these animals a second chance at finding a loving home.
- Donkey Sanctuary: Volunteering at the Donkey Sanctuary in Aruba offers a unique and heartwarming experience. Assist in the care and rehabilitation of rescued donkeys, including feeding, grooming, and providing enrichment. Help educate visitors about the importance of donkey welfare and conservation. By dedicating your time, you can support the sanctuary's mission of providing a safe haven for Aruba's donkeys.
- Donate at the foodbank: Donating to Fundacion pa Nos Comunidad, the local food bank in Aruba, is a powerful way to support those in need. Your contribution helps provide essential food supplies to vulnerable individuals and families across the island. By donating to this vital organization, you can make a direct impact on alleviating hunger and promoting food security in Aruba.
- Beach cleanups: Join beach cleanups in Aruba organized by local organizations. Help preserve the beauty of the coastline, protect marine life, and inspire others to adopt sustainable practices. Make a positive impact on the environment and ensure cleaner beaches for everyone to enjoy.
These are just a few of the many fun summer activities to enjoy in Aruba.
Whether you're seeking adventure, relaxation, or support through actively volunteering, this beautiful island has something for everyone. So, pack your bags, book your ticket, and get ready to experience the summer vacation of a lifetime in Aruba!